EducationLearn More About Hemp
Who we are
Northern Naturals was started in the spring of 2020 after realizing products on the CBD market were misleading and misinforming the consumer. A sister company to Pahl’s Market and Pahl Farms ( a six generation family owned and operated farm and garden center) Northern Naturals provides honest and Natural CBD products. Our products have all been grown, processed, and manufactured in our hands, ensuring that our quality and quantity is what we say it is. Providing nothing but the natural truth to help your overall wellbeing.
What is the difference between Marijuana and Hemp?
Hemp and Marijuana are the same plant with different properties/genetics. Marijuana has been bred to have high levels of THC and relatively low levels of CBD, whereas Hemp has been bred to have high levels of CBD and low levels of THC. Depending on variety the two plants look the same, smell the same, but have two completely different effects on the body.
What is CBD?
CBD or Cannabidioil is a compound found in the Cannabis Sativa plant or hemp. It is non-psychoactive and can possibly help with anxiety, sleep, and act as an anti-inflammatory. Legally we cannot make these claims but there have been studies to prove so. All CBD products must contain less than 0.3% THC to be taken and distributed legally. The most common way CBD is taken is through tinctures. These tinctures can either be a full/broad spectrum or an Isolate. The refined crude oil, or distillate, is combined with another natural oil (MCT oil in our case) and mixed to meet the dosage level that is written on the bottle.
Full Spectrum Vs. Isolate CBD
Full spectrum means that everything that has been extracted from the plant is in that tincture bottle. CBD, other cannabinoids, and terpenes (add flavor and helps your body break down the cannabinoids in different ways). These tinctures do contain 0.3% or less THC but they will not get you high. Isolate, on the other hand does not contain THC and only contains CBD. In some instances the terpenes get reintroduced but still does not contain THC. Before taking any products please consult your doctor to see which would be best for you.
How do you take CBD?
Taking CBD and how it affects you all depends on what product you’re taking and some work better than others for each individual. We have several different options for you.
- How to take Tinctures (500, 1000, and 2000 mg/30ml)
- Taken orally. Our products are not water soluble, which means that you must place it under your tongue for 60 seconds in order for the solution to be absorbed. Simply putting it into a drink will not work. The body is unable to absorb the CBD/break it down if it is just swallowed or mixed in a drink. We believe in the entourage effect so all of our tinctures are full spectrum with the legal amount of THC (THC <0.3%). Northern Naturals is as transparent as possible and our packaging and marketing will reflect that. What is on the bottle is what you are getting.
- How to use Hemp flower
- Different strains have different levels of CBD but all that we grow test between15-19% CBD. These flowers can be smoked like a cigarette or the same as you would have back in your college days.
- How to take CBD Gummies
- Each gummy contains 10mg of CBD. These molecules have been broken down enough that the body will absorb the CBD. This is an isolate product so what you are consuming is strictly CBD.
- Lotion/Salve (coming soon)
FDA Disclosure: The FDA has not evaluated these statements. CBD is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always check with your doctor before starting a new dietary supplement program.
How It’s Made
Ready to Enhance Your Well-Being?
Effective CBD products start with the freshest hemp. Learn for yourself what our high quality, Minnesota grown CBD products can do for you.